Are you obsessed with solving challenging problems? Do you think outside of the box and challenge the status quo? Are you constantly looking for ways to improve your skills and your organization?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
Reporting to the European Manager for Capacity Planning and interfacing with EU Operations, Fulfilment, Engineering and Finance teams, you will be a key member of the EU Supply Chain team. The role demands strong analytical and mathematical capabilities. The candidate will analyze various Supply Chain data and metrics to define an optimal network topology design and intelligent inventory placement for Amazon’s European Supply chain network to drive cost efficiency.
This role is based within our EU Headquarters in Luxembourg and includes the responsibilities as follows: Scope and deliverables: Forecasting/Planning/Analysis
- Support the capacity expansion within the existing fulfillment centre and introduction of new network nodes.
- Carry out sensitivity analysis and create a decision model for optimal utilization of the existing capacity, considering all other business impacts.
- Contribute to the Operational Planning process.
- Initiate and support the implementation of process-improvements, both the business processes and the technical solutions.
- Partner with the US Supply Chain team on network modeling and optimization, in order to find the best network topology across the EU. This includes the location of the warehouses, inventory placement to name a few. Lead the implementation with the Retail, regional Supply chain Ops team once the ideal topology is found.
- Work across the EU in a cross-functional environment, and maintain a strong communication process to ensure smooth and efficient flow of accurate information