Amazon’s HR organization is growing fast and expanding internationally at an amazing pace. The HR Immigration Risk & Compliance team is responsible for managing global compliance programs that include inventorying, assessing, controlling and monitoring important HR and employment-related risks in the markets where we do business.
As a member of Amazon’s HR Risk & Compliance team, the Sr. HR Risk & Compliance Specialist will be an integral team member working with global HR policy, process, and system owners to manage complex immigration, right-to-work, work authorization, and deemed export requirements, controls, and risk issues. This includes researching legal and regulatory obligations with local labor and employment attorneys, working with project teams to translate legal and regulatory obligations into system or process requirements, monitoring the effectiveness of controls designed to meet obligations on a regular, and ongoing basis, and developing and leading remediation plans to mitigate risk. These projects may be driven by new legal and regulatory requirements, geographies, types of business, solution implementations, or emerging risk issues, among other things.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Consult with global legal, immigration, trade, and HR policy, process, and system owners to ensure that sound protocols are in place to mitigate immigration, right-to-work, work authorization, and deemed export related risks.
- Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action items to remediate identified risk issues.
- Develop deep knowledge of the immigration, right-to-work, work authorization, and deemed export processes and solutions utilized by Amazon, consult on the development of business requirements for new system implementations and enhancements.
- Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations to HR policy, process, and system owners and senior stakeholders.
- Inventory risk and compliance obligations in a governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) system framework.
- Conduct on-site and virtual risk control assessments, draft reports detailing methodology, results, and remediation plans.
- Consult on supporting documentation such manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
- Respond to questions and troubleshoot issues.
- Manage other HR risk and compliance related projects as needs arise.
The ideal candidate is seeking to work for a highly innovative company and is motivated by the opportunity to participate in the development of new and leading-edge HR solutions. The successful candidate is highly organized, ably builds trusting relationships with internal stakeholders at various levels across the organization, adapts quickly to changing demands, demonstrates critical inquiry, attention to details, and the ability to effectively articulate recommendations/conclusions verbally and written. Knowledge of human resources processes and risk/compliance management concepts, particularly in an international context, are preferred.