At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions
such as Machine Learning, IoT, HPC, Batch/Real-time Data processing, MPP systems, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence.
This role will specifically focus on large scale data warehousing and database migration capabilities to help our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent them from leveraging their data to develop business insights. AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
- Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Redshift, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Data Pipeline, S3, Relational Database Service (RDS) and Amazon Kinesis.
- Solution - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, generating consulting proposals, contributing to internal Area of Depth (AoD) programs, authoring AWS Data Analytics best practice blogs/whitepaper and creating packaged data service offerings.
- Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects to assess and optimize customer’s Amazon Redshift implementations and helping customers to migrate from their existing on-premises data warehouses using other databases to Amazon Redshift.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
- Ability to evaluate and plan migrations to Amazon Redshift.
- One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
- Extensive hands on experience in leading large-scale full-cycle MPP enterprise data warehousing (EDW) projects.
- Industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
- Extensive hands on experience in data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development.
- Excellent SQL and strong hands-on scripting (bash, perl or python) ability.
- Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.