Amazon Product Imaging builds the world’s best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
Amazon is looking for a highly skilled Photographer Assistant for its high-volume digital photography studio. Successful candidates will be self-starters, strong communicators, very detail-oriented, and have a passion for photography. The assistant needs to be flexible as they will be required to thrive in all aspects of the studio process, depending on the need of the day. The Photographer Assistant will help manage sample flow, prep and put-away product, and may be asked to step on set as a shooter during high volume times. Beyond these fundamentals, the assistant will be asked to reevaluate existing workflows and develop new processes to keep the studio at its highest possible efficiency.
· Collaborates with studio team to ensure product workflow runs efficiently
· Assists in the set up and tear down of studio equipment and lighting fixtures
· Oversees equipment inventory and maintenance levels, inspect equipment to ensure fully operational
· Troubleshoots basic production challenges under the direction of senior staff
· May switch between prep and shooting role during peak times
· Support safety initiatives regarding studio workflow and processes