The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered as quickly, accurately, and in the most cost effective way as possible. This role is based out of UK corporate office in Shoreditch and is for an experienced, passionate, dynamic, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed S&OP leader. The person has a strong delivery record and leadership experience to own and execute strategic, cross-functional projects. As a S&OP lead you will help Amazon Logistics manage, improve, and optimize the way parcels are shipped from our fulfillment centers and delivered to our customers. This role will oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an on-going program including volume planning, software designing and driving process improvements across various stakeholders from fulfillment centers, Amazon Middle Mile services, and delivery station operational teams. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and enjoying working with large scale of data.
Key responsibilities but not limited to would be
- Drive volume planning accuracy for weekly / daily station scheduling, working with established local in country planning and operational teams.
- Work with business teams across the company to define requirements and high level process/system solutions to scale the business.
- Work with NA development, and local business intelligence teams to build execution toolset prototypes.
- Serve as liaison between the EU Planning and Analytics team and the operations business teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into upstream volume plans, current delivery performance, and ad hoc investigations into future improvements or innovations.
- Lead cross-functional business and development teams to drive improvement programs.
- Manage the timelines for cross functional teams to support project launches.
This position involves regular communication with project sponsors on status, risks and change control. Stakeholder management, cross-team coordination, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential.