Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
At Amazon we expect no more and no less from you. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, it has been the aim to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How is this achieved? By having people like you who make sure that customers find everything that they are looking for online – at great prices and convenience. Both Amazon and sellers who list their products on the site already offer millions of new and used items in a wide range of categories. And this is just the beginning. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and is continuously inventing new efficiencies and offering great opportunity for our customers and for you!
Amazon is looking for a smart, team-oriented, highly analytical key member to join the UK Hardlines team.
Within this role you will coordinate key processes across Hardlines to identify and deliver supply chain efficiencies that drive down the Retail controllable inputs to Fulfillment Centre fixed and variable costs in a scalable and systematic way. You will work closely with the UK Operational Excellence team, the UK based Hardlines Retail teams and your counterparts throughout the rest of the UK and EU. The best candidate will have a broad skill set that includes strong relationship management, excellent analytical ability and business judgment, plus a desire to innovate and improve established processes. You will work directly with vendors of all sizes and must have sufficient presence and communication skills to represent the category in meetings with senior leadership. Required approaches for this role:
- Scoping, driving and delivering complex projects. You will define clear milestones and set the expectations of stakeholders effectively.
- Acting as a point of contact for Hardlines Category teams on Operational Excellence matters and an external point of contact for incoming queries in this space. You will own and track issues to ensure that they are addressed, documented and resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Replicate best practice processes from other categories and countries in order to facilitate quick results.
- Partner with global teams to develop multi-stakeholder initiatives and drive global standardisation.
- Communicate ideas effectively and with influence (both verbally and in writing), within and outside the team.
- Work with frugality, discretion and efficiency with prioritisation and good judgment. Always looking to identify and evaluate potential risks/obstacles and determine appropriate corrective action.