With the rapid growth of business in Asia Pacific and complexity of our Treasury responsibilities has increased in the region, Amazon Treasury seeks a dynamic and experienced Treasury manager in APAC to deliver strategic targets, embed controllership for funding and cash management, and drive for operational excellence. The role reports to APAC Treasury Director in Beijing PRC.
As a senior member of Treasury APAC Team, this position assists APAC Treasury Director to ensure superior financial and operational controls complying with Amazon Global Treasury and Financial policies, proper funding to support business, and to implement automated & concentrated cash management in place to effectively scale and support global treasury operational excellence, and the necessary administrative and reporting procedures.
The role requires working with multiple internal teams within the Amazon, based in Seattle & APAC cities, including Financial planning, Financial Operations, Tax, Accounting, Legal as well as external parties that include banking and financing partners, Regulators in regulated countries in order to provide the strategic and day-to-day oversight of cash operations, FX and funding management, and risk management.
The ideal candidate needs to partner with Business, stay current with financial trends, industry standards and governmental policies so as to ensure full compliance in specific country in the region. Key Responsibilities
- The position is responsible to embed Treasury policies and standards and ensure proper controls in the scope
- Participates in implementing Global Treasury projects & solutions (IHB, Notional pool etc).
- Oversees general Cash management, liquidity management and Treasury Operations, and continuously drives for operational improvement & risk control in scope.
- Timely updates and develops treasury operational process along with business changes
- Makes short-term/long term funding based on cash flow forecast to ensure proper funding and solve all level of “Trouble Tickets” with SLA.
- Works and cooperates with other internal team incl. business, Financial operations, FP&A, Accounting, Tax, Legal etc. on cross-functional projects
- Participates in New Business initiatives in scope and provide Treasury advice.
- Stays abreast of current trends and changes in financial market and regulations and prepare strategic operations recommendations and assessments of impact of changes to global treasury
- Supports Amazon APAC Treasury organization and responsibilities set up.
- Occasional international travel is necessary