Amazon is seeking a highly experienced program manager to support fast paced launches and oversight of a new social media initiative. Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who are comfortable leading large, complex projects at the intersection of fulfillment and social media. Your superior communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence and negotiate with internal business partners will be utilized in order to meet organizational and schedule demands. This individual will coordinate the resources required to launch new fulfillment center social media teams with the goals of: achieving timelines, responding to dynamic capacity needs, staying within budget, and driving standardization and consistency within our growing network. Ideal candidates will have experience launching new, complex projects and have a passion for social media.
Do you know how to filter extraneous information in the face of adversity (scope change) while keeping your composure? Can you excel and remain flexible in the height of ambiguity while making sound business decisions? If so then this role is for you!
In order to be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. Keeping an open mind, sense of humor, drive-and-ambition will help you keep innovative in our culture. This will be an exciting career for you if you possess a high level or autonomy and integrity while managing a variety of job responsibilities. You will be part of a high functioning team that is interconnected and supportive of each other to help complete multiple, complex and high capital projects simultaneously. Ultimately, what you’ll experience from this opportunity is a high level of gratification and a sense of accomplishment knowing that you have made an impact creating transparency for customers. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the assigned program, project or sub-task
- The ability to communicate amongst broad work groups across the company, which would include IT, Operations, Communications, Finance, Human Resources, Customer Service, Legal and PR
- Possesses a broad technical background and has the ability to “roll up their sleeves” and jump in if needed, along with indirectly managing
- Comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading
- Acts as the business representative during project execution
- Is capable of taking accountability while providing status, asking for help and immediately escalating issues and problems as necessary
- Responsible for overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and Go-Live
- Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity within the project including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule