Opening Date: 18 Jan 2019
Closing Date for applications: 15 Feb 2019
The Amazon Digital Apps and Games Services (DAGS) team is looking for an experienced Senior Business Analyst. The candidate on this role will identify, lead, and execute research projects using internal and external data sources. The candidate will have advanced querying skills (SQL), experience with statistical analyses and A/B testing, familiarity with predictive modeling, and an ability to translate insights into actionable business strategy. The candidate will work with marketing and business development teams to support adhoc analyses while also identifying and leading longer term research projects. The candidate will build and improve self-service tools and dashboards for the team. We are looking for someone with strong technical skills along with an ability to work with different stakeholders and drive business strategy.
The Amazon DAGS team brings apps and games to customers across Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and the Amazon Appstore for Android, as well as, services such as GameOn to support game developers. This is an exciting role that includes working with different business functions (marketing, business development, financial and business analysts). You will have an opportunity to dive deep into different business areas including mobile gaming, apps, entertainment, video and OTT. The role will be based in Amazon UK’s new headquarters in London.
Key responsibilities include:
- Internal research: Conduct research internally using different data sources and author reports to influence business direction. E.g. customer journey mapping, lifecycle management, etc.
- External research: Own research projects including onboarding, briefing, reviewing and summarizing research from external partners. E.g. Market analysis, external trends, etc.
- Adhoc analysis: Support adhoc analysis needs across the team and based on business needs
- Reporting: Responsible for analyzing and reporting on key financial metrics during business reviews
- Own implementation and improvement of self-service tools and dashboards for the team
- Strategy: Contribute to DAGS strategy using insights from internal and external research
- SME: Serve as the subject matter expert on designing controlled tests, sampling and support with conducting analysis for statistical significance
- Collaborate with different business functions locally and analysts across the globe to drive research projects