Work hard. Have fun.
Make history. At Amazon we expect no more and no less from you. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, it has been the aim to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How is this achieved? By having people like you who make sure that customers find everything that they are looking for online – at great prices and convenience. Both Amazon and sellers who list their products on the site already offer millions of new and used items in a wide range of categories. And this is just the beginning. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and is continuously inventing new efficiencies and offering great opportunity for our customers and for you!
Amazon is looking for a smart, team-oriented, highly analytical key member to join the UK Home & Garden Instock team. The successful candidate will be skilled at gaining cross-functional support from internal and external teams to ensure availability & inventory is optimised, whilst delivering supply chain efficiencies that reduce fixed and variable costs within Amazon's FC's. Due to the size of the business, this has to be achieved in a scalable, automated, and systematic way. The successful candidate will ensure all inventory systems and processes are meeting the needs of the business and the position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment.
The best candidate will have a broad skill set that includes strong relationship management, excellent analytical ability and business judgment, plus a desire to innovate and improve established processes. You will work directly with vendors of all sizes and must have sufficient presence and communication skills to represent the function in meetings with senior leadership. Role Responsibilities:
- Take ownership for the delivery of specific Instock Metrics within UK Home & Garden. The UK Home & Garden area, consists of the Home Improvement, Kitchen, Major Appliances, Home, Furniture and Lawn & Garden Categories. The Instock Metrics are Availability, Inventory Health, Operational Excellence, and Automation focused, with the team having responsibility for managing key inputs to deliver the downstream benefits to the business.
- Acting as a point of contact for the Amazon Vendor Service (AVS) & Vendor Management (VM) teams to ensure Category specific activities are aligned with the Instock Metrics. You will own and track issues to ensure that they are addressed, documented and resolved in a timely and professional manner, and ensure ways of working evolve with the Amazon Business.
- Through the identification of system defects, develop relationships with AIM (Automated Inventory Management) & EIM (Pan-EU Inventory Management) teams to ensure system developments are clearly documented and a timeline for resolution established.
- Work collaboratively with the vendor base across Home & Garden to address specific vendor activities that are adversely impacting Instock Management metrics. This is delivered through the 'Vendor Kaizen' process which ensures a clear action plan is in place to address shortfalls in performance.
- Communicate ideas effectively and with influence (both verbally and in writing), within and outside the team.
- Work with frugality, discretion and efficiency with prioritisation and good judgment. Always looking to identify and evaluate potential risks/obstacles and determine appropriate corrective action.