Are you interested in contributing to the customer experience at Amazon and working with people? Does the thought of leading and motivating a team of exceptionally talented translation specialists excite you? Welcome to the Amazon EU translation team.
Check out this video to get to know us: https://player.vimeo.com/video/220458892
This role is responsible for managing an Amazon Translation Team, based in Luxembourg.
A translation team manager sets the vision, direction, and culture of their teams whilst finding ways to work towards Amazon’s mission of being the most customer-centric company on earth. Does growing talent, leading translation and non-translation projects, and driving exceptional results in a fast paced, ever changing, continuously growing environment excite you? Then take a further look into the responsibilities of the translation team manager.
As a translation team manager, key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervising a team of 2-6 Translation Specialists responsible for post-edition, quality assessment, mapping and translation for ASIN product detail pages and other linguistic projects for Amazon internal customers.
- Measuring and managing team performance and providing regular feedback and performance coaching to direct reports.
- Identifying barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality, creating and driving plans to address them.
- Ownership of inter- and cross-departmental projects, identifying process improvement opportunities, solving complex issues and proactively managing stakeholders’ needs.
- Development, analysis and improvement of new strategies, projects and procedures to meet short- and long-term goals.
- Resource management and hiring: build staffing and capacity plans and monitor progress against plan.
- Coach and develop Translation Specialists for job enrichment opportunities and internal promotions.
- Creating an inspiring team culture in alignment with the leadership principles, and based on open communication, inclusion and high levels of job satisfaction.
Interested? We want to hear from you! Please indicate in your resume how you meet the basic and preferred qualifications listed below.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.