At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. We're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. Our Fulfilment Centres are at the heart of Amazon’s world-class and rapidly growing Operations network. They’re where we manage our customers’ orders using industry-leading workflows. This is how we delight our customers!
With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
About the role:
If you love a challenge, have experience leading teams in fast paced operational environments, and have a passion for learning, we want you on our team.
As a member of the leadership team in one of our Fulfillment Centers, your role will be to manage the learning needs of all Amazonians in the building.
In this dynamic and challenging role, you will be very close to the action and spending time on the warehouse floor with the teams who make our Fulfillment Centers great. Amazon has seen rapid growth over the last few years and we plan to keep on growing. This means a lot of new Amazonians to train and coach. A lot of people to help stay curious and keep learning.
You will be essential to the growth and success of Amazon and our team members.
● Ensure that new starters, and current Amazonians learning new skills, quickly develop the knowledge and ability to settle in and become experts at what they do.
● Lead, manage and coach your team of trainers to be the best they can be. Understand what motivates your team, support them to develop a career plan and actively support them to achieve it.
● Take a data driven approach to understanding performance issues. Take action to improve the quality and effectiveness of training and coaching at your site. Build relationships and influence your site leadership team colleagues to address issues that inhibit effective learning.
● Partner with different stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve the quality of training and coaching. Lead projects (with support from your EU colleagues) to continuously improve the design of training materials, the quality of our instruction, and effectiveness of our coaching interventions.
● Support the delivery of local and EU wide projects to improve how the site operates. Identify any additional training materials and ‘train your trainers’ in new processes/changes to existing processes.
● Provide a safe learning environment. Partner with Human Resources, Health & Safety and Engineering colleagues to ensure all compliance and safety training is delivered within the agreed timescales.
● Planning and executing the recruitment and training of the best ‘instructors’ from within our Amazon community to deliver training and coaching.
● Ensure that you deliver the European standard training content.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
● A bachelor's degree or equivalent
● Excellent verbal and written communicators - both in the native language and English
● Managed and developed a team, and achieved collective success
● Data skills and the ability to understand how Learning’s activities and responsibilities play into the metrics that drive how the site is managed
● The ability to work in fast-paced ambiguous environments, adapting quickly to changing circumstances, processes and priorities
● Full proficiency in MS Office
Those who tend to excel in this role are:
● Operations professionals with a proven track record of using lean principles in complex manufacturing/production environments.
● Familiar with instructional design principles and have created, edited and administered training content and programs.
● Experienced in change management and process improvement activities, designing scalable solutions and implementing these at pace and at scale.
Fluency in additional European languages is desirable.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.