Amazon’s EU Retail Leadership & Training team is seeking a creative and tech-savvy Instructional Designer with experience in eLearning development to support core business training. The Instructional Design team is responsible for producing scalable training content for retail employees across the globe. The vision for this work is to employ technology, scientific research, empirical data, and social engagement in training, exercises, and assessments that develop the world’s preeminent ecommerce leaders and maximize the potential of the retail organization.
Responsibilities include partnering with our content team to use SME-provided content to efficiently create, implement, and maintain trainings and performance-based assessments. This includes designing curricula; rapidly building process and tool content via eLearning/self-paced learning and simulations; building tool kits, study guides, and support aids; and creating innovative methods of delivery. The ideal candidate is trained in adult learning who is a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for excellence in customer service. They are comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment.
Amazon’s Retail Leadership & Training team supports Amazon Retail employees across the world with localized training content. Our goal is to enable retail employees to reach functional-specific proficiency in the least amount of time, and provide resources and support as they move toward mastery in their role. Responsibilities:
- Perform needs and task analysis, scope projects, and evaluate existing documentation to identify the most appropriate training approach and content to support performance-based learning objectives
- Independently create storyboards, audio and video scripts, job aids, scenarios and case studies, learning activities, online course content, web applications, infographics, learning assessments, and user guides using sound instructional design theory
- Ideate and experiment to groundbreaking, innovative, best-in-class training
- Manage complex relationships with stakeholders in an environment with short deadlines and high business impact
- Leverage data to effectively evaluate behavioral and business impact of our training programs
- Create engaging knowledge-checks, simulations, and assessments based on learning and performance objectives
- Manage complex relationships with global stakeholders in an environment with short deadlines and high business impact
- Maintain and develop course templates, models, standards and procedures
- Stay abreast of the latest innovations and best-practices in the eLearning and instructional design community to aid experimentation and adoption of best-practices