Amazon is looking for a leader to fill the position of Senior Retail Planning Manager for its portfolio of device and accessories products. This planning position plays an important role for our organization in driving analytical insights and decisions with our retail partners.
The mission of our Strategic Planning organization is to deliver the most accurate forecasts, inventory targets and allocation plans to ensure every customer is able to purchase the product they want, when and where they want it. In order to achieve this, our team develops and uses optimization tools, advanced statistical models, machine learning algorithms and big data solutions, so we can provide the Device organization with detailed sales and strategic plans that outlines the opportunities and risks for our customers.
As the Senior Retail Planning Manager, you own and manage the joint business planning with our strategic retail partners and are the subject matter expert for demand planning, promotions, in-stock, allocation, and planning processes. Specifically, the Planning Manager has the following responsibilities:
· Management of our end-to-end planning processes and workflows with our strategic retailers
· Initiate and coordinate collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment discussions with retail partners
· Create and implement inventory allocation strategies to maximize sales, inventory placement, turns, and customer experience
· Own and communicate demand insights and supply allocation plans to key cross functional internal stakeholders
· Management and ownership of the total product lifecycle from new product launch to end of life
Continuously improve key end-to-end planning performance indicators from Forecast MAPEs, order fulfillment, to customer on-time delivery