At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. The success of Amazon also depends on its operations, which are at the heart of the Amazon customer experience, delivering hundreds of thousands of items each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. UK Transportation Operations Specialist Overview
Amazon Transportation Services is looking to hire a motivated, highly committed, and customer-obsessed Scheduling Specialist. A Scheduling Specialist facilitates flow of information between different stakeholders (Amazon Fulfilment/ Carrier/ Amazon Stations, etc.) and resolves any potential issues that impacts customer experience and delivery performance. A Transportation Specialist provides timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching & querying internal tools, by taking real-time decisions and having effective communication with the stakeholders (verbal and written).
An ideal candidate should be able to understand the issue and be able to drive Customer Experience without compromising on time. The candidate should have the basic understanding of Logistics and should be able to communicate clearly in the verbal and written form. The candidate should be able to recommend process improvements and should have the passion to drive them to conclusion. Also should show ownership and can do repetitive tasks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively monitor Line haul activity to identify, address, and prevent potential issues
- Develop and execute effective service recovery plans as necessary
- Continual, tactical communication with external customers (Carriers/LSPs) and internal customers (Sort Centers, Fulfillment Centers and Delivery Stations)
- Identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in Amazon’s Line haul operations
- Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met
- Develop relationships and communicate with LSPs/Carriers and internal customers such as NOC, Fulfillment Centers, Sort Centers, and Delivery Stations to improve network visibility and meet daily operational needs
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to help improve process efficiency and quality
- Live tracking of trailers and resolving issues or arranging alternatives in case of any incident etc.
- Feedback to the Scheduling and Trailer Management team on operational observations to support improved processes and planning adjustments/considerations as needed
- Work in a dynamic environment with an ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
- Demonstrate ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, escalating when necessary
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Manage the weekly creation of the domestic carrier’s schedules and modify it if needed.
To be successful in this role, you need the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences, show ownership and carry out repetitive tasks on weekly basis. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams.