Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience?
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, technically skilled, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst in our Luxembourg office that can drive innovation in its middle mile transportation network. The Senior BI Analyst works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with the European Planning Team, Transportation Operations Teams, Warehouse and Sortation organizations to determine future demand and transportation prices which could translates into saving opportunities.
A qualified candidate must have demonstrated ability to manage medium-scale modeling projects, identify requirements and build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded but also explainable operationally, apply technical skills allowing the models to adapt to changing attributes. In addition to the modeling and technical skills, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, strong focus on customers and professional demeanor and high intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new concepts/frameworks, algorithms and technology rapidly as changes arise.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Senior Analyst drives projects that require complex analytics, prioritizes projects and feature sets, as well as align and sets stakeholders expectations for Amazon. This requires interaction with Amazon’s EU and WW operations team.
- Understanding of analytical simulations and assessments. Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data
- Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; following solution-driven approach to systems and processes, using advanced computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) and manipulating/mining data from database tables (Redshift, Oracle, Data Warehouse)
- Create pricing models and develop the right pricing strategy to drive efficiency in European transportation operation
- Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and / or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors / Suppliers) and internal customers (Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers)
- Implement new processes and methodologies across the organization
The position is based in Amazon’s EU Headquarters in the vibrant city of Luxembourg.