Amazon is seeking a highly analytical and resourceful BI specialist to support the EU FP&A Transportation team, based in Luxembourg. In this role, you will be responsible for the management and improvement of Outbound Transportation tools used for reporting and forecasting purposes. You will get the unique opportunity to work closely with a variety of stakeholders, including Transportation Finance, Controllership, Supply Chain and other Project Management teams. On top of the above, the recruit will be in charge of driving strategic initiatives to improve financial reporting efficiency, develop new bridging / forecasting tools and establish new key performance metrics where appropriate. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance and administration of database to ensure data integrity and incorporation of new business requirements
- Troubleshooting and debugging complex queries and reports used to support our financial planning/analysis
- Improvement and automation of reporting for the EU-wide Finance and Business leadership teams.
- Creation of new, innovative and insightful reports to better track Transportation spent
- Coordination of various projects such as the redesign of the forecasting tools
- Providing support for the analysis of current and historic performance ahead of EU-wide business reviews.
The growth of the business and the increasing complexity of the European transportation network make this role an exciting, interesting, and very challenging proposition. The ideal recruit will not only raise the bar on retrieving and analyzing data but demonstrates a strong curiosity to understand the business end-to-end and proactively dive into issues as they arise. The candidate will also have an eye for detail, be proficient/advanced in SQL/DW/Python and have a knack for solving data and reporting challenges. The role requires to feel comfortable working with and clearly communicating with other functional teams, regionally and globally.