Are you a creative big thinker who’s passionate about design-led thinking and evangelizing user experience? Do you find yourself dreaming up new ways of bringing innovative concepts to life? Have you ever wanted to make a meaningful impact to the daily lives of hundreds of thousands of employees? We're looking for someone to help us deliver a meaningful employee experience, building tools to manage processes such as goals, feedback, reviews and promotions. Come be part of a team that will directly shape and influence the future growth of every employee at Amazon.
Our mission is to create innovative and inclusive experiences which empower Amazonians to own their careers. We are a growing internal design studio located in Edinburgh, Scotland. We're dedicated to transforming HR products and experiences for employees throughout their career at Amazon. Our team is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Senior UX Designer to create experiences that hundreds of thousands of Amazonians use every day to manage their careers.
We are looking for a talented and experienced design leader that has a proven track record of establishing a bold vision and delivering bar-raising, customer-centric experiences. In this role you will be responsible for product experiences that support employee engagement, growth and development, and performance. You'll help build tools to manage processes such as goals, feedback, reviews and promotions. Our team directly shapes and influences the future growth of every employee at Amazon.
In this role, you’ll work with a cross-functional, highly capable team of designers, researchers, product managers and engineers, inventing and iterating on end-to-end workflows and product experiences. You’ll develop your ideas with sketches, prototypes, wireframes and story boards, and confidently communicate your vision to senior executives to influence the best experience for our customers. This is a true UX role - you'll be responsible for defining a strategy based on your expertise, customer research and business needs.
You will bring together UX and service design to consider all touch points throughout the employee experience. You will join a team of passionate designers to create products to address the sheer scale of HR at Amazon, while providing engaging, personal, and human experiences. You will be responsible for cultivating and crafting the vision for the next generation product suite, and leading the execution of that vision. Responsibilities
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
- Simplify and distill complex business processes into intuitive product experiences.
- Create and rapidly iterate on ideas using process flows, prototypes, wireframes, and higher-fidelity designs to effectively communicate design strategies and product flows.
- Participate in the discovery and planning of new products and features while helping drive the design vision across our product suite.
- Define information architecture across a complex suite of product experiences.
- Lead and mentor other designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Identify opportunities to think differently about the status quo on customer experiences, based on customer research, best practices and design thinking.
- Work closely with UX Research in the development and evaluation of personas, usability studies, and testing.
- Articulately present design vision, direction and solutions to Amazon's most senior leadership
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.