Data Scientist at AWS Network Monitoring
AWS Network Monitoring is looking for a talented Data Scientist who is passionate about using data to facilitate and help drive business decisions.
You are skeptical. When someone gives you a data source, you pepper them with questions about sampling biases, accuracy, and coverage. When you’re told a model can make assumptions, you aggressively try to break those assumptions.
You have passion for excellence. The wrong choice of analysis could cost the business dearly. You maintain rigorous statistical standards and take ownership of the outcome your analyses suggest.
You do whatever it takes to add value. You don’t care whether you’re working on machine learning, blazing fast code, forecasting, distributed computing, scraping data, or building complex data visualizations, you care passionately about shareholders and know that as a curator of data insight you can unlock massive cost savings.
You have limitless curiosity. You constantly ask questions and break apart problems scientifically. You form hypotheses and then eagerly try to break them.
You value relationships and patient explanation. Part of being a trusted advisor is building a strong track record and continually demonstrating to customers that your analysis will save them money and time. You break down your model assumptions without jargon and help customers understand where your model fails.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, are comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and passionately partner with customers to help identify strategic opportunities and deliver results.
This role involves both hands on data mining of the vast quantities of data being generated by AWS global network to driving and implementing improvements in AWS Network Monitoring tools.
Part of the job will be setting up experiments which will involve finding appropriate data sources, retrieving and cleaning the data, and analyzing/tracking the output. You will also develop supportable conclusions based on your analysis and where appropriate contribute to their implementation.
- Collect, analyze, and present actionable data to help drive product and customer experience decisions at a senior level.
- Understand high-level business objectives and continually align work with those objectives to meet needs of business.
- Identify, analyze and solve problems at their root while maintaining focus on the bigger picture.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data.
- Invent and design decision algorithms based on data analysis.
- Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.